Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Big Announcement

My school’s library development project has been fully funded!

Thanks to the generosity of so many friends, family members, and service organizations, a total of $1,771 was raised in just 20 days. The donations will now be processed, and the money will be wired to Cambodia in about two weeks. This means that we should have books on the shelves by the end of April.
The school has been so excited about this project that it began work immediately by cleaning, tiling, and painting the library room. The school director even purchased tables and chairs on credit in faith that the funding would come. The school’s hard work and commitment will allow us to move forward with this project very quickly in the coming weeks.

While the list of donors is not yet available to the school and me, I’d like to offer great thanks to anyone who contributed to this project. Your gift demonstrates the American friendliness and compassion which I seek to represent every day through my work. I feel truly proud to come from communities and a family which believes so strongly in helping others.

Below I’ve included a few thank you letters my students have already written and some pictures of the library’s current state. There will be much more to come!
Once again, thank you for inspiring me and supporting the 1,000+ children who will now have access to maps, dictionaries, visual aids, novels, and textbooks in English and their local language. You are truly making a difference in their lives.
 
(Sorry for the strange editing I had to do to make the text appear.)
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment